For questions about physics/astrophysics major programs, advice on course selections, and evaluations of courses taken at other universities, send email to the Undergraduate Program Director Prof. Carlton "Tad" Pryor.
Courses, Major and Minor Programs
- START HERE:Course catalog, major and minor requirements, course descriptions
- The Major in Physics
- The Major in Astrophysics
- Home pages of undergraduate courses
- Instruction support and development
- Careers in Physics and Astronomy
- Learning Outcome Goals
Our Physics Majors
- Departmental Award Winners in 2013, announced at the SPS Departmental Awards Banquet on April 23, 2013.
- Physics major graduates at Commencement on May 13, 2012.
- The Rutgers Society of Physics Students (SPS)
- Group photograph of physics majors, taken on Sep. 18, 2000
- List of Physics Majors
Scholarships for Physics MajorsThe Department awards merit-based, essentially full-tuition scholarships to seven undergraduate physics majors every year.
- The Mary Wheeler Wigner Memorial Scholarship
- The Robert L. Sells Scholarships
- The Herman Y. Carr Scholarships
- The Noemie B. Koller Scholarships
- STEM for Education Scholarship Program
Prizes and Internships for Physics Majors
- The Richard T. Weidner Physics Prize
- The Paul L. Leath Award
- The Mohan S. Kalelkar Award
- The Richard J. Plano Summer Research Internships
- The Summer Research Internship Award in Experimental High Energy Physics
- The Outstanding Teacher Award, presented annually by the Rutgers Society of Physics Students.
- The Richard J. Plano Outstanding Teaching Assistant Award , inaugurated in 2000.
- The previous Outstanding Teaching Assistant Award , which existed during 1989-1999.
This page is maintained by Prof. Carlton "Tad" Pryor.
Updated Apr 18, 2014
Find more about:
|Facilities and Resources|
|How to Reach Us|
|News and Seminars|
|Giving to Physics & Astronomy|
|Public Observatory Nights|
|Alumni & Friends|