We are a research group based in Rutgers University Physics Department in Piscataway, New Jersey, where we study the physics of novel semiconductors. Our research tends to revolve around the following themes:
- Fundamentals of charge carrier transport in organic semiconductors (OFETs).
- The fundamental optical properties of highly ordered organic semiconductors (exciton dynamics, photo-conductivity and the photovoltaic effect).
- Molecular self-assembly at functional interfaces.
- Novel inorganic layered semiconductors (dihalcogenides and graphene).
- Photo-physics of hybrid (organo-inorganic) perovskites.
- Ionic-liquid gating of multiferroic oxides.
Watch video: High-resolution ac Hall effect measurements [video]
Watch video: Vacuum lamination approach to high-performance OFETs [video-1]
Watch video: Crystallization of TES-ADT on flexible substrates [video-2]
Fall MRS 2012, Tutorial Lecture: "Organic single crystals 101" [download file]
Latest News (click individual entry for abstract)
- Extended carrier lifetimes and diffusion revealed in hybrid perovskites by Hall effect. Nature Comm.
- Intrinsic carrier mobility in hybrid perovskites is studied across phase transitions. Advanced Mater.
- "Partial" carrier coherence in organic semiconductors is understood. Nature Sci. Reports.
- High-resolution ac-Hall effect methodology for OFETs is developed. Phys. Rev. Applied.
- Multi-particle interactions and non-linear photoconductivity in rubrene. Nature Sci. Reports.
- Ionic-liquid gating of multi-ferroic oxide SrRuO3. Nature Comm.
- Trap healing and very high-resolution Hall effect in org. semiconductors. Nature Mater.
- Extremely flexible solution-processed organic devices are demonstrated. Nature Comm.
- Dependence of nominal μ on VG sweep rate is revealed in disordered OFETs. PCCP
- Bias stress effect is measured in "air-gap" OFETs. Advanced Mater.
- Vacuum lamination approach to fabrication of high-performance OFETs. Advanced Mater.
- Origin of PL spectral variability in crystalline organic semiconductors is revealed. Advanced Mater.
- An amazing effect of photo-triggered diffusion of molecular oxygen in a crystalline organic semiconductor is reported. Advanced Mater.
- The origin of the bias-stress instability in single-crystal OFETs is revealed. Phys. Rev. B
- A very large exciton diffusion length (LEX ~ 3-8 μm) is observed in highly ordered organic semiconductors. Nature Mater.
- A molecular self-assembly of silanes on organic semiconductors is discovered. Nature Mater.
- D. J. Ellison from the group of Prof. D. C. Frisbie (University of Minnesota) successfully applied a Kelvin Probe Microscopy (KPM) to our SAM-rubrene system. Advanced Mater.
- Microscopic mechanism of SAM nucleation and growth on organic surfaces is revealed. Advanced Funct. Mater.
- A high-density hole-doped regime in graphene is realized by growing FTS SAM on top of the single-layer graphene FETs. Nano Lett.