- There will not be a lecture on Wednesday of this week. The next lecture will be Monday Nov. 9
- Homework assignment 7 is now posted. It includes working out the problems from the midterm exam. Use the corrected formulation of problem 2.
- We agreed last week that the final exam will be on Monday December 14 at 1:30. Room number to be announced.
- The midterm exam will cover material up to and including Lecture 12 on the spherical potential well. It will cover the material in the first four chapters of Schiff but not the hydrogen atom, the last section of Chapter 4.
- The homework assignment 5 originally due this week will be due on Monday October 19 instead.
- The midterm exam twill be Friday October 23 from 1:30 to 2:50 in a room to be announced. The exam will cover the first four chapters in Schiff. It will be open notes and open your copy of Schiff but no other books will be allowed. A calculator will likely be useful.
- Despite what I had previously mentioned in class we WILL have lecture on Wednesday October 14.
- From now on, all of the lectures will be in ARC room 207.
- My office location has changed. I'm now in Serin West room 328 at the end of the hall. Please come there for office hours.
- I would like to change my office hours from 1:00 to 3:00 on Tuesdays to 1:30 to 3:30 on Tuesdays.
- I've updated the syllabus.
- Because I didn't get as far in today's lecture as I had planned, I'm dropping problem #2 (on the time development of a Gaussian state) from this week's homework. I'll include it on assignment 3 that I will post on Wednesday and that will be due on Sept. 30.
- There will be no class on Tuesday Sept. 8 even though that is a university Monday. The second lecture will be on Wednesday Sept. 9.
- I have changed my office hour from 10:00 to 12:00 on Tuesday to 1:00 to 3:00 on Tuesday
This page is maintained by
Prof. Steve Schnetzer.