- Right Ascension: 00 41 50
- Declination: −09 18 07
- Redshift: 0.0555
- Thorough XMM-Newton analysis of the properties of the X-ray gas
in the cluster A85, including temperature and metallicity maps. Confirmation
of an extended 4 Mpc filament detected by the ROSAT PSPC in the neighbourhood
of this cluster with a determination of its X-ray temperature of ~ 2 keV.
Durret, Lima Neto, & Forman 2005, A&A, 432,
809. "An XMM-Newton view of the cluster of galaxies Abell 85"
- CBI measurements of 7 nearby clusters (~30 GHz) yield a central
Compton y parameter (y_0 = 1.13+/-0.37 x 10^-4) or Delta T_0
(-580+/-190 micro K) for A85 (see figure above: uncleaned CBI, cleaned
CBI, ROSAT PSPC contours). Udomprasert et al. 2004, ApJ, 615, 63. "An
Unbiased Measurement of H_0 through Cosmic Background Imager
Observations of the Sunyaev-Zel'dovich Effect in Nearby Galaxy
- Mean cluster temperature from ASCA (kT=6.5+/-0.2 keV). Ikebe et
al. 2002, A&A, 383, 773. "A new measurement of the X-ray
temperature function of clusters of galaxies"
Last updated: 1 June 2007
Jack Hughes/Rutgers University