Physics 272: Advanced Honors Physics II
due in class Monday, March 5, 2018
Reading: Purcell 4.10
the solution for each problem and your name should be
written on a separate page (sorry, trees!) to facilitate
the grading. Please paperclip the pages together.
I have put the answers (or in some cases partial
answers) at the bottom of this page. You can use them to
check your own answers -- if they don't agree, you know
you need to go back and look for at least one mistake.
4.29 Keeping the same resistance*
2. 4.35 Resistances in a cube**
3. 4.34 Effective resistances in lattices**
4. 4.36 Attenuator chain**
5. 4.45 Battery/resistor loop**
6. 4.46 Maximum power via Thevenin**
4.42 Making an ohmmeter***
First go over Problem 4.10 and its solution.
2. (a) 5R/6, others for you to find
3. (a) (1/3) Ohm, others for you to find
5. open-circuit voltage is 0.3V
6. 45 W