During the lecture, student iClicker units will be used to collect answers to questions. Each student needs to purchase an iClicker unit at the Rutgers Bookstore. If you have one from last term you should be able to reuse it. You cannot share the same iClicker with another student because the unique ID built into it must be associated with only one name.
It is important to get the iClicker and register it before class starts. We will be using the iClicker starting from the first lecture. Your use of the iClickers will be graded, and credit will only be given if you have registered your iClicker at the time of the lecture; previous lectures will not be regraded.
Correct answers on iClicker questions in lectures can add up to 2% of extra credit to your final grade.
If you have already registered your iClicker for a previous class, you do not need to do it again.
- To register the iClicker, go to the iClicker registration page, and enter your name and Rutgers 9 digit student ID (not your SSN).
- Enter your iClicker ID printed on a tag on the lower rear of the clicker. If you have an old iClicker that has lost its ID tag, see the iClicker lookup tool.
- Type the verification number on the screen.
- You will see an on-screen message confirming that registration was successful. Your Rutgers ID is now tied to your unique iclicker ID.
- If you are using iClicker in another class, you need register only once for both classes.
- If you lose your clicker and get another, you must register again (and tell me).
Using the iClicker
- Pull the plastic tab on the back of the iClicker out, to activate the batteries.
- In class, turn it on with the on/off button - the solid blue power light will go on.
- When requested, respond to a question by pressing one of the A,B,C,D,E buttons - a green light will go on to show your response has been recorded. (A red light will go on if it has not been received, say if you try it at home.)
- No other students will know your response.