iClicker Student Instructions
You must closely follow the instructions provided on this website.
Other methods of iClicker registration (such as Sakai, etc.) WILL NOT WORK
and you WILL NOT RECEIVE CREDIT until you properly register your remote!
- PURCHASE THE ICLICKER (note the brand name is iClicker®
- no other clicker will work in this course).
Either iClicker, iClicker+ or iClicker 2 devices will work, but
not the "iClicker Go" mobile app.
Available from the Rutgers Bookstore and other stores. You can also
buy a used iClicker and you can use an iClicker in more than
You CANNOT share the same iClicker with another student
(even somebody who would use it in another class) because the unique
ID built into it must be associated with only one name.
REGISTER THE ICLICKER
- Go to http://www.iclicker.com/registration/ (or link from iclicker.com)
- From the drop-down menu below "Which software will your instructor use in class?" Select "iClicker Classic (formerly iClicker 7)"
- From the drop-down menu below "Which Learning Management System does your instructor use?" Select "My institution does not use an LMS"
- Enter your first name, last name (NO NICK NAMES, NO ABBREVIATIONS)
and your Rutgers 9 digit student ID number, not your SSN, or your NetID
- Enter your clicker id printed on a tag on the lower rear of the clicker
Please copy your your id number and keep it in a safe place as it tends to wear off the i-clicker back.
- Type the verification number on the screen
- You will see an on-screen message confirming that registration was successful. Your Rutgers ID is now tied to your unique iclicker ID.
- If you lose your clicker and get another, you must register again (and tell Prof. Zimmermann)
USING THE ICLICKER
- Pull the plastic tab on the back of the iClicker out,
to activate the batteries.
- In class, turn it on with the on/off button – the solid
blue power light will go on
- When requested, respond to a question by pressing one of
the A,B,C,D,E buttons – a green
light will go on to show your response has been recorded.(a red
light will go on if it has not been received, say if you try it at
- No other students will know your response.
- (if you aim the iclicker at your roommate and press the A button,
he/she will be instantly vaporized so be careful).