|To get TBM working without
any ROC connected.
1) Connect 50 ohm terminated Scope input to:
"DATA into 50 ohm" connector on TBM board.
Also, set this channel to trigger at -0.4V.
2) Connect pwr cable on TBM to +/- 5V power.
3) On TBM board: (see Switches)
set HUB address to 0.
set TBM address to 0.
set loop token on (0).
(Note: switch 7 is not used, can be 0 or 1.)
4) Connect FEC board to TBM via ribbon cable.
WARNING: do not plug ribbon cable into
34 pin socket for "ROC"!!
5) Connect 40 or 20 MHz clock generator to:
"Clock" on FEC board.
6) Plug in PC parallel port cable to:
PC parallel connector on FEC board.
(Note: cable has a DB25 Male for PC end
and a DB25 Female for the FEC end)
7) Plug in ~200 Hz trigger generator to:
"Sync/Clear/Calibrate" input on FEC board.
8) Login to PC as 'root' and startup daq code:
cd cosmoN (where N is the version number
of the software release)
9) Turn on +/- 5volt supplies. Check for nominal currents
as noted web TBM page
10a) If scope isn't showing the TBM waveform of
3-Ultra Blacks+ 2 Ultra Black trailers (see Waveform)
click on "Reset System"
or hit the "Reset" botton on TBM board
10b) To see rotating TBM event counter:
click on "Cal"
10c) To move to 40MHz readout:
click on "40MHz readout"
Return to Test Station page